View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #787
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman Manips & Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I love it. And I imagine it absolutely would be relevant to the plot. Not the plot of the Knightfall comic (the Bat being the one who breaks), but rather a flip of that scenario.

When paired with Superman, the word takes a new meaning.

(K)nightfall means the arrival of the night (and the Batman, in this context), but it also means, just as importantly, that the sun has gone down (where Supes gets his power)-- which together suggest an idea that a playing field has been leveled (not literally leveled just because it's nighttime obviously; but symbolically so), and that Superman might be the one to 'break'.

(which is line with their TDKReturns reference during the movie's announcement and all the talk of a less than friendly relationship between the two).
I've gotta completely disagree with everything you're saying.

If they're going to name a comic book movie after a well known story arc, it better be at least a little bit similar to the comic it's named after. That's basic logic. There are so many titles to choose from. why use "Knightfall" when its already associated with a well known story that was basically already adapted in the last Batman movie? I think it would be an incredibly idiotic idea.

Name it Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman. Just like Goyer already confirmed it would be