View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #10
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

Default Re: Should there be a stand alone Mystique film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Azazel was in FC so they could have a cool teleporter, Thats about it. And now he's confirmed dead in the DOFP viral. So that's that.

If she shows up again it should be with that cast and not a solo imo. They can continue to develop her there. New and existing characters who have not had the developed time she has had need to be given due....Cyclops, Storm, Deapdool, Gambit etc
If you truly believe that the writers are really so two dimensional in their writing then more power to you. Given that Mystique and Azazel are Nightcrawler's parents and Nightcrawler has proven to be a popular character, I don't see why the creators would completely ignore the connection in subsequent films, given that they introduced Azazel (a relatively obscure X-character).

Also, if Azazel is dead in DOFP, and given that we're seeing the FC characters roughly 10 years after the events of the last film, there's no reason why Mystique and him wouldn't have hooked up at least once during that time.

I do agree that more important characters need more attention, but if Fox is looking to expand the X-men cinematic universe in the same way as Marvel is doing with the Avengers, then I don't see why there couldn't be films about all these characters.