View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #185
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I think that there is a potential to tell story of Bruce Wayne before he became Batman in a series form, his training in detective skills, martial arts which can be explored in the series.

Plus the early years of James Gordon in Gotham City. Origin of Joker, origins of Arkham.
I'd rather see it played like Arrow. Make it a Year One story with frequent flashbacks to Bruce training. Except... make it less linear with the training flashbacks. If there's one problem I have with Arrow, it's that the "island" stuff could be cut together into a cohesive linear story all on its own and that just leads to there being two separate linear continuity threads.

Or, if you want the focus on Gotham PD and Gordon, play it more like Gotham Central. Have Batman exist in the world, but not be a character on the show. Either idea as a show would be great... but just following Bruce in his training without any chance of actually having Batman would be bad and having Gordon struggling against the likes of Maroni and Falcone with no chance of the Bat would be depressing.

Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote