View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #21
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Release dates for Wolverine 3 & X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Doesn't mean they wont/shouldnt either.Daredevil and X2 both came out in 2003 3 months from eachother and Elektra and FF both in 2005 7 moths.
Except for X2, where are those franchises right now?

Quote:
So they have released 2 marvel films in a year three previous times counting TW and DOFP. It wouldn't exactly be something new for Fox if they did this again post DOFP. Or even in 2015, if they see an opportunity. Especially in todays comic obsessed world and since they can only expand with X-Men and FF now. Fox was releasing multiple Marvel films in the same year before Marvel studios.
It would require a lot of dedication, good work and good marketing for Fox to achieve 2 successful Marvel films in 1 year. And yes Marvel did release more than 1 Marvel film per year, but the quality of some of those films aren't really good.

Quote:
We know for sure that Fox wants to expand and they are probably waiting on DOFP numbers to give them the greenlight as too how far that expansion will go since thats their main seller. If those numbers aren't as high as they expect, things will be slowed down. Wolverine and DOFP are actually the easiest given the lead for the audience to connect the franchise right now. That hardly feels like over saturation, and they are 10 months apart. Even with the same lead, thats no overkill. TW Blu-Ray/digital sales are also gonna go up prior to DOFP's release, especially since they are so close.
Actually everytime a new X-Men movie grosses lower than its predecessors, box-office analysts bring up over-saturation and audience fatigue.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote