View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #26
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Release dates for Wolverine 3 & X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Daredevil's budget is bigger than X1 by three million. And yes Elektra was greenlit but it was made with a lower budget and was released in January.
So what? Daredevil had the 2nd highest grossing Febuary opening of all time back then only behind Hannibal ( which had an already established following), with a 45% RT and not many people knowing who he is. These films dont all need summer release dates. Elektra would have never been green lit if Daredevil wasn't successful, which it was. I know you have this way of thinking every film needs to be compared to others in order to be a true success, but I completely disagree with that notion.
Quote:
And yes I do want OT films but I definitely hope that they won't be released every year, but once in every 2 to 3 years. And no they aren't releasing 2 X-Men films in 1 year, The Wolverine was released this year and DOFP next year. Their distance to each other might not be more than 12 months but they are released in a different year. Its different compare to X-Force/Wolverine being released in 2016.
No its really not, as far as when they put these into production. Regardless, Fox have done it two other times with their Marvel films. It's not crazy to think they can do it again when they now only own X-Men and FF. But think what you will. Good/crowd pleasing movies is what will matter in the end either way. Doesn't matter how far the two completely different comic films are apart. Be it 3 months or a year. Every month of the year is now turning into a window. Summer is no longer the only option. These multiple X films will look different, and Fox wants to expand X-Men not hold back. They didn't hire Millar just to sit back and plan out one movie every three years. They wouldn't need him at all if thats their plan. He's getting filmmakers other then Singer tied to X projects. Thats confirmed with X-Force. If DOFP is a success, get ready for more X flicks.

Last edited by def28; 11-29-2013 at 05:36 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote