View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #337
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I get part of it is budget reasons, but I would assume Bay has the pull and the tenure to keep them onscreen for a good amount of time. If Cameron can bust out Avatar, Bay has the resources to keep them integral. Those scenes where the Autobots are just discussing **** amongst themselves or attempting to hide in Sam's yard are some of the better ones.
Even the Navi took the backseat to the humans. Hollywood has yet to make a live action film that isn't sold on humans. The Red Carpet aspect of this alone. It's a far different story with something like avengers, even the casting of a human villain a machine works for everyone involved with something like that. Same with Pacific Rim and it's leads.

With TF, The producers face a particular set of obstacles and thus far they have turned out one of the most lucrative franchises out. Optimus and Bee get plenty of time. Till then I mostly see it as the ET approach only with more action and less heart. I'd prefer something more of the Hobbit approach to collateral characters but one has to appreciate the cost of putting rendering these things out on screen.