View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #35
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Release dates for Wolverine 3 & X-Force?

You just said "Daredevil had the 2nd highest grossing Febuary opening of all time back then only behind Hannibal ( which had an already established following)" yeah you don't care about records. LOL.

And I didn't say every film should be a big hit, but every X-Men film that Fox releases should at least get moderate success at the box-office, not underwhelming or just okay like $179 million that Daredevil got worldwide back in 2003. Films like X-Force would probably underperform or perform just okay in months like February and January, and it would just look more evident that spin-offs are less marketable and appealing to mainstream viewers.

Films like Ghost Rider, Elektra, Punisher, Blade, Daredevil weren't released in summer and look at how much money they earned compare to the movies that were released in the summer. Obviously summer is more fitting to CBM movies. And some films like Oz, Thor, already has their established fanbase/franchise and properties like Alice in Wonderland is already well-known to mainstream viewers. If you think films like X-Force would perform similar to Oz, Alice in Wonderland, Hunger Games in March, then sure there's no problem with releasing X-Men movies in March or April or November or December. But as of right now, a X-Men film could barely crack the $150 million in the U.S. with a summer release date, I just don't think its possible that they would get more or perform better with a non-summer release date.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-29-2013 at 09:30 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote