View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #769
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

They should do that. Release the documentary on its own.

I do feel like in 10, 15 years when this new universe for Batman cools down (or comes to a dead end), we'll see a new set. I doubt it'll be a massive boxset but more like a simple set with the 3 films on blu-ray. Or whatever the new technology is by then. With brand new transfers. And probably a commentary option for each film done by the Nolans & Goyer. Another dream would be to have the 3 films released without all these extras and Rises is done as a "director's cut". Like what ended up happening with Bladerunner, which is Nolans favorite movie. If not a director's cut then deleted scenes like the one with Miranda/Fox sitting down talking, Bruce walking into the party, Bruce walking out of his cell, Bane with his prototype mask on training with the League, maybe the hospital scene with Gordon extended a bit and hopefully the option to hear Banes original voice in the prologue & elsewhere.

It's all a big unrealistic dream. But i think it's possible that between 10 to 20 years from now theyll pump out another set for whatever the next blu-ray is. Some new transfers, commentary, and all the extras we couldnt see from TDKR. Sounds worth it.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote