View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #759
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Why would you use the character who is most famous for killing Superman if you aren't going to have him kill Superman?

I don't disagree with what you're saying in general, but this is Doomsday. He isn't so much a character as he is a plot device. The only thing he's ever done is kill Superman. That's his claim to fame. That's all he's good for. So if he isn't going to kill Superman, why use him?

The difference between them and Doomsday is that they are three dimensional characters. Doomsday is not. He is a mindless killing machine. He doesn't think, he barely speaks, and he isn't compelling.

They could always change him to suit their needs, which I wouldn't have much of a problem with, but if you're going to turn him into something he's not, why not just create an original character?

Thanks I was thinking of a reply and this sums ist up. Doomsday is a brute the thing he's famous is for is killing Supes. He's not a three dimensional character and it would be a waste if he's in the film and him not fighting and killing Superman.