View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #916
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: Goyer Admits They Didn't Plan How 'Reporter Clark Kent' Could Make Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
That is only the tip of the iceberg.

1) There is no way I can buy people not being able to track him down if freakin' Lois was able to track him down so easily. The government would do it overnight.
Lois didn't track him down "easily". She dedicated a lot to that investigation. She was shown to be one of the better reporters in the world. It's not as simple as "Well, she could do it, so they could do the same". The government being able to do it "overnight" assumes that people would talk to them as they did to Lois, and that each step of their journey would be the same as hers, leading to the same conclusions. I don't think you can make that assumption. Its also been suggested that some in Smallville may be protective of Clark's secrets. I would think that would especially hold true when the government came calling.

Quote:
2) He tells the general he is 33 years old and grew up in Kansas. That narrows the search down so much.
Maybe. If the general was to remember and share this information.

But what are they going to do? Investigate all 33 year old men in Kansas...yeah, speaking of being realistic...

Quote:
3) They announce on public television that Lois Lane knows who this person is (and if memory serves me right, it was on CNN out of all channels). Realistically speaking, anyone close to Lois and close to the Daily Planet would be investigated in the future.
Which wouldn't neccessarily matter, as long as Clark's disguise held up, which is the biggest suspension of disbelief in the mythology. The film shows that Lois was already investigated, and she didn't tell them who Superman is.

Quote:
4) The Kryptonians land at the Kent Farm (just as you said) and we even see the US army tracking them down while they're on their way there.
Which again, assumes that the government or whoever would know that they landed their initially, and that they must have landed there for the purpose of that being where Superman grew up. There's nothing to suggest this in any logical sense.

And we only see the US Army tracking them into Kansas air space. Kansas is a pretty big place. I don't see anything in the film that suggests they were tracked to the Kent farm itself. Otherwise, why wasn't there military or police presence there?

Quote:
5) We see Lois yelling "Clark!" while the police officer is there (as you said) and sees Clark in full costume.
And in order to determine that this would blow his identity, you would have to assume that A, the police officer actually went onto the farm and recognized Clark while he was Superman, B, that she in fact meant Superman was Clark and that she wasn't just concerned about her friend Clark because his home had just been destroyed, which is far more likely. And C, that the police officer actually heard her yell his name in the first place.

Quote:
They took a concept people had trouble accepting in the first place and made it 1000 times harder for it to be accepted. It is incredible poor writing on their part.
Not really. You just need to use a little bit of logic and imagination when assessing the situation. Instead of making kneejerk assumptions about everything seen in the film.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 11-30-2013 at 01:49 PM.
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote