View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #87
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor (from TDW) vs Superman (from MOS) who wins in a fight, and why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellinas View Post
While i agree that mos superman is faster, those who claim that movie thor moves at human speed are completely wrong, because we know that power=speed x strength so it would not be feasible for him to hit with so much power (car hit in avengers) but with human speed. Also when he tackles hulk in the hellicarrier he is seen as a blur,which shows it's superhuman speed.

Dude, no disrespect, but I disagree with your point.

Thor has immense superhuman strength, so flipping those cars would be pretty easy. He is strong enough to hold his own against the Hulk who can flip tanks pretty easily. So this is not a speed issue, Thor CAN hit with that kind of power, because despite not having tremendous speed, he possess unearthly strength.

Second, Thor does not possess superhuman speed. At the end of TDW he has to jog to reach Malekith. He can fly fast with Mjolnir, but that's the extent of his super speed. In terms of reflexes he's probably faster than a human, and he's an experienced and highly trained warrior, but watch the Smallville fight in MOS, and if you still think Thor would have even close to Kryptonian speed, I question your objectivity.

There are plenty of advantages that Thor has (skills, lightning, experience, aggression, cunning) but speed isn't one of them.

BTW, as the OP, I have never said Thor couldn't beat Superman, but that given their movie versions, the most likely outcome would be Superman taking down Thor. A lot of it would depend on the circumstances.
(and as the last poster mentioned, it would really depend on the writers).

It would be a tough and brutal fight, but until Thor can get hit by a train, thrown from half a mile away by someone as strong as he is, and walk away without a scratch, I'm not convinced he could overcome Superman in the end (which is pretty much how it plays out in JL/Avengers cross-over).

So, while I disagree, thanks for putting your ideas out there.

Last edited by Batmannerism; 11-30-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: So, while I disagree, thanks for putting your ideas out there. :)
Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote