View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #55
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who Should Be The Big Bad In Thor 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Agreed!

I think the plot should be something like: Loki gets in over his head as ruler of Asgard, with Surtur's forces approaching. So he confides in Thor, who subsequently wants to hammer-smash Loki's face in. Of course, Thor can't do that, because only Loki knows where/how to retrieve Odin, who is hidden away in another of the 9 Realms. They retrieve Odin just in time to confront Surtur in Asgard. Meanwhile, Jane is doing something sciencey off-screen...

Yeah ! Good thought, I think that would work as a plot, I can't see Loki killing Odin. I just expect he's in deep freeze or something like that. Quick, call up those Marvel guys and see if you can get a writing credit. !

BTW I just noticed that Simonson has borrowed from the great epic poem
about Horatius:

"And how can man die better. Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his Gods."

That guy really wrote and drew the best Thor stories ever. Don't keep up with Thor much, but somehow I doubt anything written since Simonson left has approached the epic grandeur of those stories (sure big bad guys have come and gone, God-Slayers, God-Butchers, God-Bakers, God-Candlestick-Makers) but Simonson's stories were gripping and his artwork was leaps and bounds ahead of its time.

So, go Surtur vs Thor +Odin+Loki in Thor 3.

Last edited by Batmannerism; 12-01-2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: nice
Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote