View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #56
seahammer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who Should Be The Big Bad In Thor 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Yeah ! Good thought, I think that would work as a plot, I can't see Loki killing Odin. I just expect he's in deep freeze or something like that. Quick, call up those Marvel guys and see if you can get a writing credit. !
If only!

Quote:
BTW I just noticed that Simonson has borrowed from the great epic poem
about Horatius:

"And how can man die better. Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his Gods."
Good catch! Uncle Walt was an educated guy.

Quote:
That guy really wrote and drew the best Thor stories ever. Don't keep up with Thor much, but somehow I doubt anything written since Simonson left has approached the epic grandeur of those stories (sure big bad guys have come and gone, God-Slayers, God-Butchers, God-Bakers, God-Candlestick-Makers) but Simonson's stories were gripping and his artwork was leaps and bounds ahead of its time.
As a life-long Thor fan, I totally agree (and that's pretty much the common consensus among Thor fans, too). Simonson really knew how to write the grandeur of the gods as well as the drama of everyday, mortal life, and how to play them off each other. Definitely the best Thor's ever had...

...until I get my writing credit for Thor 3, that is!!

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote