View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #19
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Is Thor "Too Difficult" A Character To Do Well?

I like the films. While Thor TDW may not be a standout MCU film, it is a solid entry in a line of several films that have been appealing to audiences.

Let's face it Thor is not comparable to Superman, because little was known of his comic counterpart prior to the film coming out, unlike Superman who is a cultural icon.

Even the mythological Thor is not well known. The Greek pantheon is far more known than the Norse, even if our days of the week are named after them. Even Roman mythology is more versed here.

Now if someone is upset that their particular interpretation of the character didn't happen that's another story. The movies have been successful, not Iron Man successful but solid. DC has yet to have a hit outside of Batman and Superman, while Marvel has had a string of success with multiple characters. Not everyone can be Iron Man or Spider-man.