View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #22
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Is Thor "Too Difficult" A Character To Do Well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
My two cents is that the way the character was set up and handled in his first solo film and Avengers proves that as long as the effort is put into it audiences will respond to the character and his world. I don't like TDW but I appear to be in the minority. People are liking Thor and his supporting characters just fine it seems and what ever you may say about the way things in the last film were handled it can't be denied that this franchise has made mega stars out of Chris and Tom. The degree of difficulty was very high, but I think MARVEL pulled it off.
I *wish* it couldn't be denied, but outside of Thor and Loki, Chris and Tom can't generate any box office buzz at all. The Deep Blue Sea? Midnight In Paris? War Horse? The Cabin in the Woods? Red Dawn? Rush? Check the numbers. Nobody's rushing (pun) out to see Chris Hemsworth or Tom Hiddleston on simply a name basis. Even the big box office for Snow White and the Huntsman is far more likely to be attributable to K-Stew's tweenie fanbase rather than Hem's.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote