View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #55
Victarion
Cut

Default Re: 8 years of no Batman or Bruce Wayne, and NO ONE could pick up the trend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
"I am here to fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny!"

you can say all you want, but with Bane saying that twice in the film I am more than convinced that he was doing this for Ra's and Talia. The contrast with him and Batman is just to add some depth to their antagonism.

and I'm not saying they had to go flat out venom and mobsters in DKR, I'm sure Nolan could have came up with something great with a hispanic Bane if he wanted to go that route. I don't see venom that being such a bad idea, since he was defeated the exact same way in the comics (having his supply cut off).
And so he was, thereby striving to succeed d where Ra's failed. Instead of being a premade villain ala Knightfall, we get to see Bane clawing his way to the top, as it were. By revealing Gotham's corruption to the rest of world on a greater scale than what Ra's did. Ra's needed fear gas. Bane didn't do anything except present the city with the truth and the power to "Retake Gotham from the corrupt."

The fact that Ra's never gave Bane a fair shot -we get this from Talia's story about Ra's seeing Bane as more a monster than a human- leads me to believe that Bane didn't owe Ra's any kind of loyalty. Hence one-upping Ra's with his social revolution.

I didn't mean to imply that Venom was needed. Instead I was giving an example scenario that I would call a repeat of BB's fear gas stuff.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote