View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #58
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Default Re: 8 years of no Batman or Bruce Wayne, and NO ONE could pick up the trend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I disagree that it's a repeat, just a parallel. But if it is indeed a repeat, i felt it was awesome to end things by returning to the first film. Like a bookend. The beginning story and end story, mirroring each other, with a crime epic in the center.
if that's the way I were to look at it, then TDK is just filler. great filler, but unfortunate filler to the batman trilogy, since the harvey dent plot honestly had very little to do with it. yes, that's why all the cops were out chasing batman that one night but that moment of glory in the film ended quickly, and it showcased the cops making the same mistake twice, first in tdk for not taking joker seriously at first and then not taking ben seriously at first

and yes, bane reveals harvey dent's true colors to gotham but honestly... did the people of gotham really have time to react? was there really a reaction seen to the people besides blake? hardly... they were living under a warlord, they had greater concerns.

so if they were to bring back the league, they should have done it sequentially, i.e. in the second film. since TDK was a standalone departure from BB, I expected another standalone with DKR.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote