View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #42
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: Nolanís Batman Should Be in the Man of Steel Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by souNdwAve89 View Post
I don't want it to happen either, BUT if we live in a world where The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises never existed, it might have been pulled off with a stand alone Batman Begins. It's a stretch, of course, but I always found Batman Begins a little more fantastical than the other two movies in the trilogy. This is a common argument, but I found Batman in Batman Begins acting more like Batman such as using gadgets, hiding in the shadows, etc. He did do that in the later movies, but I found it executed better in Batman Begins for some reason. The majority of the movie took place in the "narrows" of Gotham City, which certainly gave off a more comic booky vibe and look.
I feel like Batman Begins felt like it could have transitioned into a more comic bookish franchise later on without taking away from what the universe of Begins was. TDKR felt like it couldn't make up its mind whether it wanted to be more stylized (Begins) or more naturalistic, like TDK. Notice I still didn't use the word realistic to describe either. Too realistic for superpowers, not realistic enough to really escape the superhero genre in terms of believably. Case in point, Batman's grappling hook wouldn't be big enough to support his weight IRL.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote