View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #64
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: 8 years of no Batman or Bruce Wayne, and NO ONE could pick up the trend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
This was a good post but I still cannot say I agree.

First off, I've already stated that the conversation Talia has with Bruce at the masquerade ball was just a hint to show she knew that he was Batman.

And like I said before, if the return of LoS was all about mirroring the protagonist then it totally makes TDK seem like filler, great filler at that, I talked about it four posts up. What you say about Bane and Talia makes sense but at the end of the day, I don't think it perfectly mirrors Batman as good as a Santa Priscan Bane could have. All I say was vengeance from an evil organization that brought up a twisted daughter and a psycho muscle man who was in love with her.

And the whole thing with Blake I found to be very contradictory, with in TDK Batman saying he didn't need help from the copybats and then making a full 180 with the whole "hero can be anyone" thing in Rises, just having it be all about will power
Bane wasnt IN love with her, he loved her since she was a child, as a protector.

And about Blake? No. It was always set from Begins, that Bruce was creating batman as a symbol to inspire. It was never permanent. The copycats were extremely different. Bruce never wanted a bunch of people to dress up in cheap bat suits, holding guns. That's not how you take back your city. It has nothing to do with the symbol he wanted to pass onto Blake. And it's never said clearly that Blake actually becomes Batman. For all we know, the symbol is put back up for Gordon to turn on at night, to leave on, to inspire the city. As a constant reminder and to keep the urban myth going for criminals incase theyre thinking of acting out. Bruce didnt know that Blake was going to throw his badge in the river. He couldnt have. So Blake could have been brought into the cave to use the tech. Or it could simply be to become the next batman if he's up to it. It's open ended.

It's no 180. It was said in Begins that training means nothing compared to the will power that you need. Anybody CAN be Batman, that was told to us since the beginning. But not everybody will, because almost nobody had the will power in Gotham to step up. Blake, like Bruce, had the will. And that's what you need.

Last edited by shauner111; 12-04-2013 at 08:52 PM.
shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote