View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #69
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: 8 years of no Batman or Bruce Wayne, and NO ONE could pick up the trend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
For my money, I don't care what lame message TDKR was trying to send, there's only one man that can be Batman, and that's Bruce Wayne. Nobody else can be him. That's why Nolan and Co. should have ended it with The Dark Knight where Batman was that silent guardian, watchful protector instead of this weird, mopey, twerp that hangs everything up and hands his legacy over to someone he knew for less than a week so he can travel to Italian cafes with a woman he barely knew for a week that almost got him killed. Now don't get me wrong, I like when Batman as a myth inspires others, like recently with that San Francisco kid. That was a nice, heartfelt story. But in the actual context of a fictional Batman story with a character we've been following for 5 years?? No, there's only Bruce Wayne. They would have been better off just killing him just to show how dedicated and obsessed he was with his persona and mantle. Depressing? Sure, but not without a cause. But Bruce Wayne's story and motivation has never really been a happy one. It'd be far better than tricking everyone into thinking there was no autopilot in your vehicle, or lying and rigging the game again to create a false "inspirational" victory. That pipe dream of Alfred's and Bruce's own hopeful folly in Begins and the beginning of TDK with Rachel is so not Batman. If anything, they should have sent him Bruce/Batman into darker territory than some closed off foyer in Wayne Manor with a silly bullseye target.

As for the "legacy" in the story, I'd like to imagine that Blake accidentally trips and falls over that rail as it rises. Then his jacket catches on one of the rails as it goes back down in the water causing him to drown. Thank goodness a goofy Joseph Gordon Levitt donning the cape and cowl is left to our imaginations and will never become a reality.

And I definitely interpret Bane as this pedo in terms of his companionship with Talia. "The only crime was that he loved me". Oh yeah, I bet. If Bane did grow up in that prison from birth (which I doubt considering the twist is that it's Talia's origin instead) there's no way he'd have some moral compass to protect an "innocent" little kid. "Innocence must be stamped out", right? Or is all that lame exposition we're told for naught? If Bane cared about the well being of kids, he wouldn't have threatened to kill Pavel's children or help plant a bomb in a city full of innocent orphans. He clearly only had eyes for Talia, probably because she looked like a young boy, just like him in prison. So yeah, Liam Neeson knew what was up. He cast out that sicko and his warped daughter because he knew they were both damaged goods.
All im hearing is SHOULD HAVE THIS AND THAT. Sorry but they told their story the way they wanted to tell it. They dont owe anybody anything. It's their interpretation just like the thousands of different ones in the comics. They wanted to tell THEIR ending story if Batman had a true ending, which it never really does in the comics.

It's "not batman".......and who are you to say this? Everybody has their own batman, none is wrong. So you should rephrase that to IT'S NOT MY BATMAN.

I still enjoy TDKR more than any other comic book movie, so i guess im liking a film that has nothing to do with Batman? I guess somebody like Michael Uslan who has been following this character since forever, who is in his 60s, he loved a movie that got Batman all wrong?? You guys are bold. It's simple, it's not your Batman and that's fine. But it's MY Batman and ive been a fan of this character since i was 3 buddy. I know who batman is, im just aware the medium of film can do things differently. IMO they changed things but still respected the essence of Batman.

Anyone who says that the essence of Batman is to be Batman til he's old and grey and never give up the mantle, has no idea what theyre talking about because he's written that way for a reason. To sell their comics, the story needs to continue. Even people in the business have said this.

Anyone who thinks Blake getting the mantle was B.S, sorry but it was set up all the way back in Batman Begins that this version of Batman was to continue until he inspired somebody to stand up for their city. Until the people fought evil (Bane's revolution). So i guess the next thing you'll say is "cops were the only ones!"...well are they not people of Gotham? They're citizens of Gotham and breathe like anybody else. Batman still has to continue though because there's always crime. So what happens when Bruce is 90, are you saying that nobody should be Batman?? So Batman Beyond is rubbish?? Sorry but thousands/millions would disagree. Again...it's not YOUR Batman..

If i may be so bold to all the people who couldnt stand Rises. The comics are only one way of telling his story. Theyre not definitive. Nothing is. Batman has become something more, told through different mediums. Which all have the potential to tell THEIR take on Batman as they see fit. Just as valid as the so-called source material. Comics go through writers like crazy, film will too, it's all the same. And ill say that i believe Nolan's ending showed the respect that Bruce Wayne truly deserved as a character by giving him a happy ending since the comics CAN'T do this themselves. Theyre not allowed to.

Nolan tried something different (God forbid somebody tries something fresh! )

Hey, i love when batman's doing it for 20 years straight and has this mentality of never quitting...but he still passes the mantle to somebody. It sure as hell doesnt die with Bruce. But Nolan showed balls and integrity when he payed respect to Bruce, after all he's been through, by giving him peace, instead of condemning him to hell to sell more issues.

BTW your last part wasnt even funny. The fact that you came up with that stuff tells me YOU'RE the one who is a little sick lol. So an adult can't love and care for a child? Get outta here!

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote