View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #24
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Anime: Why you love/hate it so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I hate how they treat girls in some of these recent shows
Monsters, but when a tough bad guy comes, they are helpless/useless/damsel in distress

As a few said here, it's like any other form of entertainment, some is good, some is bad
Yeah, i also hate when that happens, and most of the times they even give the girls healing powers to make an excuse for how she is being important too, i think this is extremell obvious with Shonens, expecially Naruto where every female character became a healer (even though not all of them had suited abilities for that). Though i do think Dragon Ball did a relativelly good job with female characters, while Bulma was easily the weakest, she was also one of the most compelling and useful ones in the series thanks to her inteligence. (in least before Cell Games, after that i don't remember her being used much again).

Even with One Piece, where the female characters are also a lot of fun, and have good personalities, it's kinda weird that in both their personal arcs, they had to be "rescued" by the rest of the characters (Aarlong park and CP9), though the same also happened at some point with most other male characters, so i wouldn't say it's exactly a problem, what bothers me more there is the constant increase in boob size for the female characters, Eichira Oda is getting crazy with the female bodies in such a way that they're starting to all look the same

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote