View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #25
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
Default Re: Anime: Why you love/hate it so much?

Both male and female characters are often highly sexualized. I feel both Americans and the Japanese do this. Obviously the Japanese do it to a greater extent but often times characters that are sexualized also have an incredibly powerful side to them as well.

It's an odd dichotomy to say the least. I think it's far more jarring in anime thus why people get turned off by it whereas American comic books/superheroes have a relatively more modest approach. Again, I'm using the word modest when propping up any given American superhero/comic book from Marvel and DC in comparison to any given shonen/senin from Shueshia and Kodansha.

I'm a big fan of both and when you get down to some of the common tropes, cliches and plot decisions they're alarmingly pretty similar despite the difference in visual approach.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote