View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #80
milost
Banned User

Default Re: 8 years of no Batman or Bruce Wayne, and NO ONE could pick up the trend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Hahahah seriously.

Id like to add that i find it funny when a person disses the hell out of TDKR because it's not their kind of Batman movie. Or not a good Batman film. But what about it as a film? Why cant you appreciate the stellar performances, the cinematography and direction, the score, the action sequences shot on Imax in a very unique fashion that is almost unheard of by todays standards? I mean..im a massive Bat fan but im an even BIGGER fan of filmmaking. Cinema is my thing. And so even if i didnt like the batman story i would still marvel at what a great film it is even if one doesn't like the writing or even editing (which i thought was fine).

At the end of the day id rather a good film over a good Batman or superhero film. Why? Because ive seen some good superhero flicks but they leave a lot to be desired when it comes to filmmaking.

Who said I didn't dig the cinematography and IMAX sequences? I actually thought the look of the film was brilliant. It was certainly an improvement over the previous films, or atleast Begins anyway.

But that doesn't make an entire film does it? Nolan has always stated that the "story comes first", well, how can you like a film if you're not invested in the story? You can't.

And the performances? Meh, the most convincing actor ironically is of a character I don't even like, and that's JGL as Blake. He actually sells that horrid piece of writing with that reveal speech to Bruce. The others? I've seen them in better things, especially Bale whose performance of Wayne/Batman peaked with Begins and TDK (besides the masquerade scene with his toothy "Bruce Wayne, eccentric billionaire" dialogue, which was quite good).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Meanwhile, here I am thinking it's a brilliant and triumphant finale to one of the greatest Batman stories ever told in any medium (that being TDKT).

One of us must not be a true Batman fan.
I'm truly sorry for your loss!

Kidding of course, we're all Bat-fans in some compacity. I'm not playing that card of "true Batman fans". That's BS. Shauner did bring up that notion though after I was ranting about "for my money, I felt this way", etc. etc. So I was embellishing a bit with my opinions and views. That's what it comes down to in the end, varying opinions. We can all blow smoke underneath each other, but at the end of the day, there's only our unique perspective on something that can't be changed.

milost is offline   Reply With Quote