View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #16
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Steven Spielberg calls the Nolan Batman movies beautiful art films

It was truly awesome. I had no idea. My friends knew but never f'n told me! I was way too busy back then with music. Like obsessed. So i didnt see too many movies at the cinema.

We go in, and i see the posters/billboards and im like holy ****, it's a ****ing Batman movie and i know nothing about it. They're reinventing it? Or is this a prequel to Batman 89?? Seriously lol. I was clueless.

Im watching the damn movie, i see Michael Caine im like holy ****. Even before that im like "I know this guy! Christian Bale from American Psycho, are you serious?" The tone is all serious and im just super intrigued but not expecting the Bat to show up til the end. The Joe Chill scene comes up and im like OK, i know this is grittier but now i know for sure it has nothing to do with Tim Burton.

Friggin Morgan Freeman shows up i go ape**** (in the most silent way possible). It's like a silent scream . I soon find out that Scarecrow is the villain and im just baffled at how different this is.

The entire first act made me speechless though. The end with the Joker scene? The tumbler chase in the theater?? I went back and saw 3 more times with a friend of mine mainly for those scenes.

I went back to being a Batman fan after the month of June 2005. After spending every year post-1999 not seeing or hearing anything about Batman. I just gave up as a kid after i saw Batman & Robin then read Knightfall soon after. I practically threw my hands up in the air like **** THIS, **** HOLLYWOOD, THEY DONT KNOW WHAT BATMAN IS!

Last edited by shauner111; 12-06-2013 at 03:06 PM.
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote