View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
Default Re: Steven Spielberg calls the Nolan Batman movies beautiful art films

To get back to Spielberg's quote. I think he's absolutely right about how a commercial blockbuster doesn't have to just be that. It's a rarity IMO to find a massive money making blockbuster that can be promoted as a popcorn movie and considered fun...that also has intelligence, good direction/cinematography/editing/whatever. But it can happen.

Nolan's Batman movies are like that. Even Inception is a movie i would put into that category.

I would say Neil Blomkamp is close. Im not quite sure since ive only seen District 9 once back in 2009, and Elysium once this summer. But i would say sure to those movies.

Gravity is a much better example though.

I think if Affleck writes/directs his own Batman movies, there's a good chance that they'll be added to that list as well. Seeing the types of scripts he likes to shoot. I have no doubt of the grittiness he would bring to Gotham, with a good cast and great performances, but i wouldnt call Affleck's films "visually artistic" as Spielberg likes to say.

"Guys, what would be your reaction if Alfred was Batgirl in this movie? You go watch the movie, everything cool, halfway through, Alfred becomes Batgirl."

Last edited by shauner111; 12-06-2013 at 06:58 PM.
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote