View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #105
milost
Banned User

Default Re: 8 years of no Batman or Bruce Wayne, and NO ONE could pick up the trend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
As for what Bruce did in the interim years. I like to imagine he became a more shadowy, covert Batman for at least the first few years, but that is just wishful thinking on my part. It is clear though that Bruce Wayne did drop the playboy routine and became more of a proactive member of Wayne Enterprises. It is why the board members (at least the one from BB and the one played by Sen. Leahy) show him more respect, as he was taking his father's mantle...and drove it into the ground as Daggett gleefully points out. It is also how he could divert half of WE's R&D into an energy project that he then "mothballs."

Man, I wish we could have seen this stuff. That would have been great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
One could even argue that trying to solve the energy and climate change crisis is a more noble pursuit than punching poor people for jollies at night. Just saying.
True, but which one do we pay to see in a BATMAN movie?

You're right though. Even though the clean energy orb itself is silly, it IS a nice little philanthropic goal for Wayne. It's just too bad it's something that had to conveniently be turned into a damn LoS weapon. I think I'd be easier on it if it wasn't explained in exposition (with freaking Talia no less) but rather, shown to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It's a movie, who cares, you suspend disbelief for certain things. It's always been the case with Batman. You suspend disbeilief that nobody can ever figure out who he was. In the comcis/animation he starts in his 20s and then he's 80 years old and STILL ppl can't figure it out? It's beyond silly but it doesnt matter.

It's even like that in the comics between Selina and Bruce. You're just desperately trying to hate this trilogy, especially the final piece.
"Desperately trying to hate this trilogy". Riiiiight. Let's get dramatic about it.

Only Rises here buddy. I suspended my disbelief in Begins, I just made sure I'd bring up the "issue" from Begins so I wouldn't be accused of purposely overlooking issues in Begins and Dark Knight in favor of condemning TDKR.

Begins is great and I LOVE The Dark Knight. It's much easier to tear down something you don't like than it is to critique something you enjoy. Joker rigging buildings > Bane getting motorcycles inside a the market district every day of the week.

Last edited by milost; 12-07-2013 at 10:52 AM.
milost is offline   Reply With Quote