Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
Ok, let's stick with it. Does that mean that you are ok with:

- Jean being dead?
- Cyclops being dead?
For the time being, yes.

Quote:
- Havok being a teenager in 1962, making him older than Scott and unusable in the present?
Yup, fine with that.

Quote:
- Scott and Ororo being what, like mid-50's, in X1?
They're the age of their castmembers.

Quote:
- Emma Frost being in her mid-30's back in 1962, which means she'll never again be usable?
Maybe Singer will use an older Emma Frost like he wanted to in X3. Either way, yup I'm fine with it.

Quote:
- Deadpool!?!?
It's already been said that Deadpool will have little in common with his appearance in Origins, if a film ever gets off the ground.

Quote:
- Juggernaught!!??
- Calisto??!!
It's a shame they got Ratner'd, but I can live with it.

Quote:
- Psylocke being lame and not having the powers she's supposed to?
She was so inconsequential in TLS that I doubt anyone will notice she was there, nor care when she's inevitably reinvented for future films.

Quote:
- The fact that Patrick Stewart is 73 years old?
- The fact that Ian McClellan is 74 years old?
How young do you want WW2 survivours to be?

Quote:
- The fact that Famke Janssen is 48 years old?
She looks incredible still.

Quote:
And then there are all of the "minor" problems, that most of us are willing to overlook, including:

- The fact that we've had two Moira's.
- We've seen Xavier standing two times when he should have been paralyzed.
- Beast in human form in X1, when his experiment blue furred him up in 1962.
- The young Emma Frost featured in the abomination called Origins.
- Xavier stating that he first met Eric when they were teenagers.
- How it was Xavier and Magneto, working together, who first built Cerebro, but then it was shown to be Beast who built it back pre-1962.
- When Mystique was shot with the cure she reverts to human, when in fact her true form is blue.
- The Hellfire Club being made up of characters who weren't in the Hellfire Club, so now those characters/villains are unlikely.
Most of those are indeed minor. Others can be fixed (ignoring Origins is a good start)

Quote:
Are you recommending that they only do movies with the Furst Class actors, so any X-Men movie will need to be in the 70's, 80's or 90's? Kind of kills the idea of a functioning present timeline team, which would mean no X-Force, no X-Factor and no Excalibur.
I'm recommending that we continue to push forward with the awesome cast that is already assembled, which means getting over the fact that a couple of actors are in their 40s.

McKellen and Stewart are certainly close to bowing out I expect, but they're age appropriate for their roles as long as they want them. We've seen a lot of their characters, and it's not the end of the world if they left.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote