View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #175
Naji Assan
Banned User

Default Re: X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
most of the excitement for DOFP is coming from the OT cast.
In your head maybe.

Quote:
what do you say about your anti-older cast mentality?
I love the OT cast, but they're old. Xavier and Magneto shouldn't look 80 (aged 90 in the films). Jean Grey shouldn't be 50. Storm shouldn't be 50. Cyclops shouldn't be dead. With the younger cast we get James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto. That is just awesome. We get the possibility of a young Jean, a young Storm and a young Cyclops who's alive.

Quote:
And saying one cast is less appealing is not bashing. I'm not attacking them personally.
Over in the news and discussion thread you said Lawrence peaked with Hunger Games. She's not even 30. You clearly don't like her or anyone who threatens to replace members of the OT cast.

Quote:
And there's no guarantee that upcoming X-films will be superior to the X-Films we saw 10 years ago especially when they have Simon Kinberg on board for more X-films and Jeff Wadlow on X-Force. Both writers have poor track record. They only sound superior because as if writers/directors/people are who involved would say bad things to their upcoming projects.
Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse and X-Force sound better to me than anything the franchise gave me in its first ten years.

I loved the trilogy despite its unambitious approach towards adapting the books but I am more than ready for a closer-to-the-comics franchise that takes risks. Your obsession with the OT cast is ruining this rejuvenated/more ambitious franchise for you.

Naji Assan is offline   Reply With Quote