View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:43 AM   #176
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
In your head maybe.
Thats not only in my head but in the head of a couple of members here. Even Forbes wrote an article about the return of the original cast and compare it to the return of the original cast of Fast and the Furious.

Quote:
I love the OT cast, but they're old. Xavier and Magneto shouldn't look 80 (aged 90 in the films). Jean Grey shouldn't be 50. Storm shouldn't be 50. Cyclops shouldn't be dead. With the younger cast we get James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto. That is just awesome. We get the possibility of a young Jean, a young Storm and a young Cyclops who's alive.
See, this is all about their age for you The cast still looks good for their age.

Quote:
Over in the news and discussion thread you said Lawrence peaked with Hunger Games. She's not even 30. You clearly don't like her or anyone who threatens to replace members of the OT cast.
I really liked the Hunger Games movies and mostly because of her performance.

Quote:
Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse and X-Force sound better to me than anything the franchise gave me in its first ten years.
Days of Future Past and Apocalypse will probably feature the original cast and will feature more threatening villains. Its premise definitely sound better than the first six films, but only time can tell whether they're good. And as for X-Force, it will probably be the most interesting spinoff but its not gonna sell more than a X-Men film or a Wolverine film

Quote:
I loved the trilogy despite its unambitious approach towards adapting the books but I am more than ready for a closer-to-the-comics franchise that takes risks. Your obsession with the OT cast is ruining this rejuvenated/more ambitious franchise for you.
Who says they can't have a closer to the comics approach with the OT cast? In fact, First Class was only close to the comics in-spirit but the history of the characters not at all. Moving with a 30 something professor X and a 30 something Magneto doesn't feel like the comics at all.

And I have my reasons for my OT cast obsession and its good reasons - bigger box-office revenue and they are the foundation of this series.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote