View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #164
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: 8 years of no Batman or Bruce Wayne, and NO ONE could pick up the trend?

I agree. I dont like seeing that version of Bruce in Beyond. It's quite pathetic. But it serves that super futuristic story, just not this one or any other in my opinion.

I really love the end to The Dark Knight Returns. That's pretty much an ending and it's loved and insanely influential. And im sorry but TDKR is also loved by a vast amount of people milost. It really is. The percentage is actually not that high when it comes to the fans who hated it. Remember, fans are just a piss drop in the ocean compared to the larger audience...who for the most part, seemed to love Rises.

So what if Nolan was inspired by classic trilogies instead of letting it go on and on Bond style until the studio screws it up.

He tried something new.
-"What if i can tell a full Batman story in just 3 parts?"
-"What if Bruce Wayne actually had an ending that didn't require him to be miserable for the rest of his life?"
-"What if this franchise was stand-alone and never hijacked by the studio to make countless team-ups, spin-offs, sequels for more money? Because they tried that with Burton/Shumacher and it reached a dead end at movie #4"
-"What if we didn't treat this as a villain of the week situation and only presented his career within a short timeline?"
-"What if we just focus on Bruce Wayne/Batman and not involve sidekicks who wear costumes or other superheroes?"

Im very happy that Nolan decided to ask all of these questions, especially once TDK was finished. Because 99 percent of others in the industry would not. They wouldn't have the guts as a filmmaker to try to cut something short in order to tell a story. And in order to try something out of the box.

As a fan, i got my serious/dark batman without sidekicks (my favorite comics and stories from B:TAS were without Robin). One that doesn't kill with intent, with an actual well known-billionaire family. With a Joker who has no name or origin. A Catwoman who steals and is not crazy. And more importantly, with a heartfelt ending. Something i can't read if i ever pick up a comic or watch a cartoon. It's exclusive to me, that's how it feels. I got the essentials from Batman (dark/tragic/no guns etc) but lots of changes were made too in order for everyone, including hardcore fans, to feel surprised.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote