View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #231
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Iron Man 3 for me tops the list. I'm very sorry, but those who think the twist makes the movie bad really need to reevaluate their opinion. The twist works in the context of the film and, regardless of having no physical similarities to the character, is respectful to the Mandarin's deceptive nature. Seeing Tony defend himself out of the suit and seeing him actually have a conflict to deal with was great. Him invading the Mandarin's mansion, his PTSD all made for a much more interesting character than anything done with Thor in Loki: The Dark World. The action itself is prolonged and very executed, unlike the first two which had very short and distance bursts of action. The only thing about the film that bothers me is the last 10 or so minutes. Pepper killing the Mandarin was and Tony removing his arc reactor was terrible writing all together. I don't know how they got as the resolution to the story after having such a film. Either way, Iron Man 3 is my favorite, followed by the first, then, all the way down, Iron Man 2.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nick Mundy is the real-life equivalent of Youtube comment: Sure I may be wrong, but I'm loud, so everyone listens to me.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote