View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #86
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Is Wonder Woman gonna fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Her flying is somehow more corny than a race of ancient warriors who have been isolated from the outside world for millennia somehow having an high-tech invisible jet lying around. As for why she would need to fly, how about to get around or to fight villains who can also fly. Seriously, I don't get this obsession with weakening her simply for the sake of being "different." Superman is the only hero who should fly, that's just dumb.
I have never said he should be the only hero to fly. You are all mistaking my obvious love for Superman as the reason I don't want Wondy to fly. That is not it. Over the years writers have tried to either make her more or less like him by adding powers to her powerset. The flying is the most obvious one that was added. I never really understood why an Amazon would need to fly. Increased speed I got, but not the flying part since it just seemed unnecessary to me. That's more of a fangirl quirk that has nothing to do with Superman really. I prefer her being more a grounded warrior and think that should be the most important thing that is really shown. The flying is superfluous to that IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Would you be okay with her using a jet or Pegasus?
It depends on her origin really and how they introduce her. I can't really see Pegasus in this world, but I can see some sort of high-tech jet that is invisible to radar and what not.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote