View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #112
roach
I am the night

Default Re: Is Wonder Woman gonna fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Goyer went on and on about this universe was grounded in reality and about how Superman was put in a realistic world. He was the odd element that people were to react to. And he was used in a Sci-fi sort or way. WW is neither sci-fi, nor realistic.
Superman is not realistic either

They don't have to say that Themyscira doesn't exist for it to seem retcon-ish. Creating a semi-realistic world with sci-fi and then then having magic and Pegasus and Amazons in the next movie seems like they just threw her in there and changed what this universe is by doing so. And this isn't the MOS universe? So they took Superman out of the universe they created in MOS and threw him into this DC universe that has no rules? Seems odd. And very unappealing to me. But before everyone throws tomatoes, please note that this is just my preference.
We know this movie was going to lead into a Justice League movie…obviously there would be some other elements introduced. Del Toro is working on Justice League Dark which will feature all the magic characters. This universe has magic we just haven't seen it yet.

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote