View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #245
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Mass amount =/= a handful of fans on an internet forum.

Just give igt a watch and see what *you* think of it.
whoever said internet fanboys were the only ones complaining? i know people from ghetto ass queens who saw im3 and were very unhappy with it. and it's quite more than a handful of fans on an internet forum. i'm sure there are some here, so there's this forum, and then ign, and facebook, and (possibly) millions of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
Not always, and the fallout from this movie is actually a perfect example of why that isn't the case. Prior to, the folks complaining about Kingsley's portrayal were in the very small minority; the majority was waiting in anticipation. At least a couple of weeks afterwards, comic book dogma reared its ugly head again. The two positions are completely contradictory. When you also consider the fact that most people can't accurately articulate what a comic book accurate Mandarin is in the first place, the whole thing becomes even more dubious. To them, the comic Mandarin is some Chinese dude with magic rings. The interesting part is that neither designation is completely accurate, yet this is what so-called fans desperately wanted...after the fact. Jonestown and the Branch Davidians were a couple examples of a "mass of people" as well...I wouldn't consider their beliefs as having much merit either.
fair enough, however I'm just saying that, after what I saw on the marvel cinematics universe fanpage on facebook, why is it so wrong for people to NOT like this movie because of the twist? why do people HAVE to defend it as if the mcu can do no wrong whatsoever?

i usually agree with jeremy jahns and here's a video of him explaining the frustration of the fanboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3KeDPR5VKs

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote