View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #247
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
fair enough, however I'm just saying that, after what I saw on the marvel cinematics universe fanpage on facebook, why is it so wrong for people to NOT like this movie because of the twist? why do people HAVE to defend it as if the mcu can do no wrong whatsoever?

i usually agree with jeremy jahns and here's a video of him explaining the frustration of the fanboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3KeDPR5VKs
First of all, hating the film because they ruined a villain whilst not considering if it worked within the context of the story is just baffling to me..Secondly, I'm willing to bet that a lot of these so-called Mandarin 'fans' who suddenly emerged out of nowhere just went and googled the Mandarin and found out he has magic/alien rings without having any real knowledge of the character himself and how he has been handled through the years.

I'm willing to sit down and have a decent discussion with these 'fans' and actually talk about the character rather than argue on about how mis-represented and how Shane raped the character blah blah blah. Some of these 'fans' here treat the Mandarin like he was some A-lister, Ultron or Dr Doom type level villain. Granted, do fans have the right to be pissed off? Absolutely but they also need to realise that the movies and comics are not cannon.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote