View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #248
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
It's the internet, where anything is Bandwagon approach. Not to mention, it's a fairly mixed reaction with audiences alike anyways. Some liked it, some loved it, some hated it, others were indifferent. Movies don't make a billion dollars because people hate it. Hell, I've accepted the GA loves Transformers, although *some people on the internet may not*.

More examples of Bandwagoning :

Sam Raimi hate after SM3 came out (I acknowledge not everyone loved SM1/SM2 pre-SM3.)
A bit of distaste for Nolan after TDKR
Deadpool suddenly had this massive fanbase after WO
yes that's true, there's nothing like a bandwagon on the internet (or anywhere)
I actually did not really really really like SM2, but the general appeal is that it is a great film. I thought the first SM was very good but I did not like that there were no web shooters.

And although DKR was a good film, it did not hold the candle to TDK or BB for that matter because to me it was far too similar.

And trust me, deadpool had a fanbase before WO. Just no one heard their voice until it.

I saw the first transformers and I thought it was horrible. I didn't even care to see the second and I only went to go see the third coz I was dragged and my ticket was paid for and I thought that one was horrible too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
First of all, hating the film because they ruined a villain whilst not considering if it worked within the context of the story is just baffling to me..Secondly, I'm willing to bet that a lot of these so-called Mandarin 'fans' who suddenly emerged out of nowhere just went and googled the Mandarin and found out he has magic/alien rings without having any real knowledge of the character himself and how he has been handled through the years.

I'm willing to sit down and have a decent discussion with these 'fans' and actually talk about the character rather than argue on about how mis-represented and how Shane raped the character blah blah blah. Some of these 'fans' here treat the Mandarin like he was some A-lister, Ultron or Dr Doom type level villain. Granted, do fans have the right to be pissed off? Absolutely but they also need to realise that the movies and comics are not cannon.
did you actually watch that video I posted? I agree that maybe SOME of these mandarin fans popped out of nowhere but you can't deny that there were some fanboys really waiting to see the showdown between iron man and his archenemy, and they deserved it.

but anyways, there's one segment in that video where it compares mandarin to the joker in TDK...whereas, how would you feel if it was the same? heath ledger's character was just a hired actor and carmine falcone was the 'joker' all along? would you have accepted that? even if it worked in the context of the film?

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote