View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #249
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
did you actually watch that video I posted? I agree that maybe SOME of these mandarin fans popped out of nowhere but you can't deny that there were some fanboys really waiting to see the showdown between iron man and his archenemy, and they deserved it.
And they didn't get it? Have you ever read the Iron Man comics where there's a Mandarin vs Tony showdown? Here:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

^^That is exactly what we got in Iron Man 3:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That's exactly how Mandarin and Tony fight in the comics. Those 'fans' who who only wanted to see "Iron Man vs. Mandarin (with Alien rings) zomg pew-pew socko-blammo" got a cold hard dose of reality poured over their heads. We were never gonna get alien tech rings, Feige and the director said that months before the film even came out. I'm guessing these so-called 'fans' wanted to see 70 year old Ben Kingsley exchanging blows with Tony and karate chopping his armours.

Quote:
but anyways, there's one segment in that video where it compares mandarin to the joker in TDK...whereas, how would you feel if it was the same? heath ledger's character was just a hired actor and carmine falcone was the 'joker' all along? would you have accepted that? even if it worked in the context of the film?
Aldrich Killian IS the Mandarin, something that many fans tend to ignore or outright deny. Accounting for the dissatisfaction from the so-called fans, they tend to use the Joker as an example, such as "what if Joker turned out to be a mascot who’s controlled by a scheming businessman and you say that that guy is the Joker?" Now, that comparison doesn’t actually work because the Joker has had one general consistent and very iconic look to his character: a guy in some purple formal wear, with white skin and green hair that looks like a clown. I can't say the same about the Mandarin. I have yet to see the Mandarin make any sort of impact in the Marvel comics universe. Cartoons, toy makes and writers have always been baffled about how to present him and usually create incarnations of their own. He's portrayed as everything from a sorcerer, to an ancient ghost, to a green-skinned alien, to a business man, to a teenage descendant of Gengis Khan in magic armour. Iron Man 3 isn't doing anything new by doing their own version.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 01-02-2014 at 03:55 PM.
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote