View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #260
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I was never a hardcore iron man fan, i.e the comics, but I think fanboys were looking for something more on the lines of this

They did get that sans the rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
This line of argument is even worse, for it gets it all backwards on top of everything else wrong with it. Nobody is saying the 'mascot', that is, Kingsley, is the Mandarin. A somewhat more analogous metaphor would be 'What if the Joker were a behind-the-scenes manipulator who used clown-faced agents who claim to be him as pawns and distractions?' Which. . . actually sounds like a viable take on the Joker, to me, as long as his motive is still "create theatrical crime and chaos."
Point taken. The modern interpretations of the Mandarin have him portrayed as a scientist/business man who manipulates people from behind the shadows which is exactly what Killian did in IM3. He was far more closer to the comic Mandarin something these so called 'fans' don't even acknowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Marvel studios made big changes too
They have but the MCU have been far more true to source material than Fox with the X-men. I was responding to that guy, CyclopsWasRight who has huge hatred for the MCU for unknown reasons. Did you not read what he said? I like the X-Men films with X-2 being my 2nd favorite CBM of all time but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that Singer didn't butcher more than half the characters to the point where the films have become the X-Men in name only. That being said, DOFP is my most anticipated CBM next year.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 12-14-2013 at 02:23 PM.
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote