View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #55
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I thought GL was completely uninspired and boring. The screenwriter copied and paced from other comicbook films and the director clearly didn't get nor care about the material. With the exception of Sarsgard, whom I hated, the acting was decent and the visual effects were mostly passable.

I'm not that hard to please but GL's complete mediocrity frustrated the hell out of me. At least GhostRider was awful in an interesting "how did this happen" sort of way.
The worst part about Green Lantern was that it meant well. I watched it the other day again for the first time since I saw it at the cinemas.

And to it's credit the first half an hour is pretty good. The spacemen finding Parralax, Abin Sur's escape, Hal Flying his test flight all solid. Even the early scenes with Hector Hammond are pretty good. Plus it has Amanda Waller so you can see they were planning for this to be part of a bigger universe.

The film just falls apart after Jordan returns from Oa to Earth. You can't introduce such an incredible locale with exotic characters and then just fall back to earth and have crap like the standard Superhero crashes a party scene.

Yes it's a turd, but it's one of those 'could have been' turds. If they'd cut Parralax from the story completely and focused just on Earth or cut Hector Hammond and gone full on space opera it could have been a way better movie.