View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #61
Figs
Banned User

Default Re: Quicksilver's hair - how should it look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Thing is Hawkeye's costume is from the Ultimates, it still derives from source material. Hawkeye's mask is pointless, just like Wolverine's cowl. He doesn't need it imo. The X-men films didn't even consider deriving from any source material and went for generic black leather suits that have no resemblence to the source material at all.
I don't have a problem with them using his Ultimates costume. As you said, it's still accurate to one form of the source material. Him not having his 616 costume didn't ruin my enjoyment of the film.

I understand why Hawkeye's mask is pointless for the most part, but then you could say the same about Captain America's.

As for the X-men, I never cared for the black leather and will be honest that I went into fanboy mode back when the first film was being made. I was pretty ticked off they didn't have some form of their yellow and blue costumes. Then First Class comes along and Synger/Vaughn give them the proper costumes and it worked because they took their heads out of their asses and realized that just because it's a spandez material in the comics doesn't mean it has to be like that in live action.

To stay on topic, I hope Quicksilver has his platinum/silver hair. I'm more curious about how they're going to explain how he has his powers.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote