View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 04:50 AM   #122
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Default Re: War Machine Better Be in This One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
The more characters in it the better. I want this movie to be packed. Bring in Falcon. Sure. Lets get a carol danvers in there as well.

We know it's a world wide movie, hell, lets get get a Marvel comics onslaught of characters in this movie, and stretch it out to hobbit/lord of the rings length.

I'll be happy.

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and guess that Captain America and Thor are going to get the least amount of screen time to give other characters a chance to shine. I mean, if the Avengers this time around are

Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
War Machine

Then giving the underexposed characters a bigger role is for the better. There isn't a War Machine film in development and Iron Man 4 isn't happening in Phase 3 so both of them deserve some screen time, Black Widow and Hawkeye have never had their own films but BW is going to get a TON of screen time in CATWS so she's less of a priority.

Hulk hasn't had a solo film since 2008 so people want more of him and Thor and Cap sequels are all but confirmed so I see the two of them being present but not stealing the show. Scarlet Witch is a really important character with a lot of potential and a likely appearance in Dr. Strange.

Quicksilver has long been more of an X-Man than an Avenger and he's already in Days of Future Past. He has really limited story potential in the MCU compared to the X-Men/Fantastic Four series so if anyone is going to die, it's probably him which will lead to Wanda joining the Avengers to get revenge on Ultron. I mean, are there any great Avengers arcs that feature Quicksilver as the protagonist? Nobody's ever answered that question in the past when I've posed it.

And about the whole Captain Marvel thing... if she appears it'll just be a quick cameo with War Machine hinting at a Phase 3 film where Rhodey just says her name as she passes by. That's at least how I'd do it.

And come X-Men: Apocalypse, when people see Quicksilver alive again and wonder why Scarlet Witch has green hair, that's Fox's problem.

Dasher10 is online now   Reply With Quote