View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #23
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: Steven Spielberg calls the Nolan Batman movies beautiful art films

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I firmly believe that Batman Begins woke up a lot of "dormant" Batman fans though. I have a friend who attributes BB for getting him back into comics, and now he's the most hardcore comic reader I know. What's also interesting is I find that people who went into it somewhat blind are often the people who rate it as their favorite. Just something I've observed in my experience.
Yes, that describes me (except the comic book part). I was a huge Batman fan as a kid thanks to B89, BR, and BTAS. Had all the toys, watched the movies and show religiously, and had numerous Batman-themed birthday parties.

The first time I ever experienced snow (I was about 4), I ran outside in my Batman costume and made the mistake of diving into it. LOL, not a good idea in thin spandex.

But after Batman & Robin, I just sort of lost touch with it. I still watched B89 and BR on DVD, but I wasn't that curious to find information about the character on the Internet. So yeah, Begins caught me completely by surprise. Even after seeing the level of praise that it was receiving from RT and IMDB, I was still very skeptical due to the quality of B&R.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote