View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #773
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I definitely don't want AOS to suck but it does at least half the time. Even its best episodes have ridiculous crap in them. Those of us who are fans of it sometimes have to just roll our eyes and pass over glaringly bad writing in order to enjoy it.

When I watch AOS I feel like the mother of an ugly baby. I know I'm supposed to love it but damn if I can look it in the face without wincing. The only hope is that it's a Neville Longbottom that will blossom into a hottie in its second season. Sadly it looks more like a Ron Weasley, doomed to grow even homelier as it ages.

I agree. When I read the character descriptions before the season I was certain that FitzSimmons with their cutesy prefab "shipper" nickname would be my least-favorite characters. I've been surprised at how much I like the Science Twins. They have just the right amount of geeky quirkiness most of the time. There have been some bad moments with them due to bad writing but overall they work.
Well, Ron Weasley got married to Emma "Ms. beautiful and intelligent" Watson, so I'd say that he's doing pretty well for himself.