ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Default Re: Write-A-Scene for the Superman/Batman movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSentinel View Post
New little scene for my WF fan script

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
FADE FROM BLACK:

SUPERMAN’S POV: The camera blurs in and out of focus. He’s staring straight up at a CATHEDRAL of stalactites, hanging above him like a gaping maw of stone. We hear what Clark hears: the SCREECHING of hundreds, thousands of bats, their wings fluttering as they flit about the darkness. Then he hears the telltale TAPPING of fingers on a keyboard.

Superman groans as he rights himself, sitting up. As he realizes that he isn’t restrained, mild surprise plays at his face.

Sitting at the foot of a MASSIVE, WIDE-SCREENED SUPERCOMPUTER at the far end of the cave is Batman: Back turned, cowl hanging about his shoulders, revealing close-cropped black hair.

BATMAN
You’re awake. Good.

SUPERMAN
(weary)
Where am I?

BATMAN
Gotham City. The Palisades.

SUPERMAN
Gotham--?

BATMAN
Relax. I took the liberty of informing your editor that I’d invited you to take an exclusive tour of Wayne Enterprises’ Applied Sciences Division. I’m sure that’ll go a long way to getting you the journalistic credit you’ve been stringing for.

We pause on Superman’s face as the realization comes to him. Batman swivels around in the chair, revealing himself as BRUCE WAYNE. But we already knew that.

WAYNE
I was planning on making this more of a dramatic occasion, but I guess this is as good a time as any.

SUPERMAN
So you’re the psychotic vigilante?

WAYNE
(smirks)
We all have our own methods, Clark. In my case it helps to establish a persona that discourages people from making stupid decisions. Not that they always get the hint. I’ve got this one clown who’s crazy enough to actively push my buttons on a regular basis.

SUPERMAN
(stands)
Your cowl...lead-lined?

WAYNE
(nods)
I’ve been operating in the shadows for well over a decade. And in that decade surveillance tech has jumped about twenty years. It gets harder to keep a low profile when there’s a camera on every street corner with x-ray and thermal imaging. I guess your special sight has similar restrictions.

SUPERMAN
Alright, now get to the point. How do you know who I am? Why did you bring me here?

WAYNE
You really think a pair of glasses and ruffled hair is enough to fool a guy like me? C'mon, Clark, I make a living playing roles. I know every tell there is.
(pause)
I’ve done my best to keep my efforts concentrated on Gotham. This is my home. I grew up here, and I intend to die here. One day. But recent events have brought to light certain realities. Paradigm shifts, if you will...

Wayne hits a key and a MAP flickers on screen. Several areas of the map are highlighted by red circles.

WAYNE (CONT’D)
You’re not the only big story to make my own personal headlines, Clark. Here--
(points to a circle encompassing the general area of the “Bermuda Triangle”)
--there’s been a dramatic increase in magnetic fluctuations over the past five years. And here--
(another circle, over Coast City, CA)
I managed to retrieve records of a similar “crash landing” to the one that brought you here.
(pause, the two stare at each other)
Clark, these are just two examples of metanormal activity. There are dozens of instances happening across the planet. And now Lex Luthor is collecting this.

Wayne swivels around and brings up a high-focus image. Clark’s blood interspersed with microscopic green particles.

WAYNE (CONT’D)
Your friend Zod left a lot more behind than just a bunch of tech for us to reverse-engineer. His ship carried radioactive fragments of your destroyed homeworld along with it. It reacts adversely to your physiology. It’s why I brought you here. You need to know that there are people who can help you, but that there are also people who want to hurt you and control you. If for no other reason than their own personal gain. I can’t afford to be naïve, Clark. Not in this line of work. And neither can you. So do yourself a favor, and keep one eye on your back. It doesn’t matter if bullets bounce off your chest, everyone gets stabbed in the back at some point. And it always, always hurts.

Well done, Sentinel. I rather enjoyed reading that.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote