View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #353
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,745
Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
That's great, because it means that there's no point in me watching Man of Steel again. If in your opinion one viewing is enough - and I saw it twice and this very year, not 7 years ago - then I can state the gratuitousness of the last minute kiss without anybody asking me to see the movie again.
If you disliked MOS as much as I did SR, then you are right. One viewing is enough. I wouldn't suggest you torture yourself again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Well, regularly CBM are movies that don't go beyond the eye candy factor. Nothing wrong in trying to improve that. And MOS certainly didn't go for the easy way out either.
That is true. They did some different things, but SR was a completely different bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
It was solved. Superman in SR did find solace in the fact that he has a child and his connection to Lois is now through Jason. The very end of SR is far from depressing. Singer even symbolized that with Superman flying away from the dark clouds to a bright colorful dawn and moving from a sentimental tune to the uplifting Williams's Superman march.
I'm glad you saw it that way. I did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
For a person who doesn't believe in re-watching a movie before elaborating an opinion about it, you are certainly unable to remember the movie correctly.
I don't remember the movie that well. I agree with that. What I do remember are the reasons I didn't like it. I don't need to re-watch it to remember those reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Would you say that Raimi's Spider-man 2 has been washed away because of The Amazing Spider-man? I'd certainly say that both versions are still being analyzed.
*shrugs* You have a point. SR is still a movie in existence and it has fans. Nothing will wash that away. So I'll agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
And yes, in these forums or among the critics (56% against 44%), MOS's audiences are divided between lovers and haters. It's just a thing of checking MOS's forums. I'm sorry but for a debate you won't get into (SR vs MOS), you have been discussing it long enough here. I hardly think anyone comes here with the only purpose of changing other people's mind aboiut something. But if you can't remember SR and you criticize it on the base of inaccurate memories, that's when I try to intervene.
You are exaggerating. I don't think the GA is divided into lovers and haters. There are people who don't like the movie and there are people who hate it, but the intensity is different then it was during SR times. Since you weren't here, I don't expect you to comment on that. UNLESS you were here then...hmmmm....and have now returned...lol. And again, I don't need to re-watch SR to remember why I don't like it. I may not remember the movie in detail, but I do remember why I don't like it. lol...I keep talking about it remember...lol

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote