View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #354
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
If you disliked MOS as much as I did SR, then you are right. One viewing is enough. I wouldn't suggest you torture yourself again.
No, no. Neither your nor my recommendation of seeing a movie again came from how much we liked/disliked it. It's a matter of criticizing properly, on the base of accuracy.

If you think, as you have said, that once is enough, then I don't need to see MOS again before giving an opinion about it.

Quote:
That is true. They did some different things, but SR was a completely different bag.
How so, so it was bad for Singer to put Superman beyond the old good guy vs bad guy scenario?

Quote:
I'm glad you saw it that way. I did not.
It's not that *I* saw it that way.

What I described is not my subjective opinion. It is what happened at the end of the movie. And is why saying the ending was depressing is just inaccurate.

Quote:
I don't remember the movie that well. I agree with that. What I do remember are the reasons I didn't like it. I don't need to re-watch it to remember those reasons.
No, you need to re-watch it in order to discuss it properly.

Quote:
*shrugs* You have a point. SR is still a movie in existence and it has fans. Nothing will wash that away. So I'll agree with that.

Quote:
You are exaggerating. I don't think the GA is divided into lovers and haters. There are people who don't like the movie and there are people who hate it, but the intensity is different then it was during SR times.
Maybe so, but still is not universally acclaimed. Reviews were now polarized in a way they never were with SR. And giving Superman a sequel where he has to share the stage with both Batman and Wonder Woman (if I heard that well?) is not a sign of victory. But bthe money was good enough and they cannot keep rebooting.

Quote:
Since you weren't here, I don't expect you to comment on that. UNLESS you were here then...hmmmm....and have now returned...lol.
I visited this forum, as many others, but never posted here when the movie came out because it was a mess. I posted back then in a forum that no longer exists (BlueTights), but I do remember posters here being banned out of so much bashing anyone who had liked the movie.

Quote:
And again, I don't need to re-watch SR to remember why I don't like it. I may not remember the movie in details, but I do remember why I don't like it. lol...I keep talking about it remember...lol
Again, it's when you say things that didn't happen in the movie, and for that reason alone, when I feel compelled to correct you.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote