View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #355
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
No, no. Neither your nor my recommendation of seeing a movie again came from how much we liked/disliked it. It's a matter of criticizing properly, on the base of accuracy. If you think, as you have said, that once is enough, then I don't need to see MOS again before giving an opinion about it.
How about this? Neither one of us needs to see either movie again. Your opinion is yours and that can be based off one viewing or one hundred viewings. The same with mine.
Quote:
How so, so it was bad for Singer to put Superman beyond the old good guy vs bad guy scenario?
I thought the elements added dragged the story down in a very depressing way. It was not what I would have expected from a Superman movie, and it certainly wasn't what I was expecting after waiting 20 years for that movie.
Quote:
It's not that *I* saw it that way. What I described is not my subjective opinion. It is what happened at the end of the movie. And is why saying the ending was depressing is just inaccurate.
It is subjective. Others didn't see it that way and they saw the same movie you did. Everything both you and I are saying is subjective.
Quote:
No, you need to re-watch it in order to discuss it properly.
No I don't. I've been discussing it just fine for years.
Quote:
Maybe so, but still is not universally acclaimed. Reviews were now polarized in a way they never were with SR. And giving Superman a sequel where he has to share the stage with both Batman and Wonder Woman (if I heard that well?) is not a sign of victory. But bthe money was good enough and they cannot keep rebooting.
I would say what does it matter. SR had more critical acclaim, but NO sequel. It's all relative I suppose.
Quote:
I visited this forum, as many others, but never posted here when the movie came out because it was a mess. I posted back then in a forum that no longer exists (BlueTights), but I do remember posters here being banned out of so much bashing anyone who had liked the movie.
Sure...I'll buy that.
Quote:
Again, it's when you say things that didn't happen in the movie, and for that reason alone, when I feel compelled to correct you.
What have I said that didn't happen in the movie? What inaccuracy have you felt the need to correct? Please point this out to me, or drop this sanctimonious act. You like the movie and I don't. It's as simple as that.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 12-21-2013 at 04:31 PM.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote