View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #357
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Yes, that's fair if you believe what you told me you believed.
I assure you do I believe what I believe.
Quote:
But then again, having Pa Kent taking his own life for no reason, feeling lonely, spending your childhood as a pariah, bullied, wondering why God made you so different, being told by your father NOT to save people, being forced to kill your enemy. Those also made the story really depressing. How that's inherently bad? I don't know.
*shakes head* Again...you're comparing stuff that happened in MOS? I don't get the point of you repeatedly doing this. That is not the conversation here.
Quote:
No. SR did have Superman flying away from the dark clouds to a bright colorful dawn and musically moved from a sentimental tune to the uplifting Williams's Superman march
Yes, that was in the film. Still, that didn't make the other 2.5 hours of it uplifting. I am glad that you found it uplifting though.
Quote:
Sure. I was talking about discussing it accurately.
Again, I don't need to see it again to know I didn't like it. I guess you feel I should, but that is not necessary. Again, I ask what inaccurate things have I said? I don't like the film, but you keep telling me my reasons for disliking it are inaccurate...lol. I think you just don't like the fact I disliked it. It must hurt your feelings or something.
Quote:
Now we have a sequel, but making clear Superman must be with Batman AND Wonder Woman to make the movie interesting.
That's your contention, but we have no idea what sort of movie this will be. If it is...then it's still more then SR got. They didn't even trust that franchise with Batman, so what does that tell you?
Quote:
You can or not. You won't find my name around SR forums when the movie was released.
Oh I'm sure...at least not this name.
Quote:
"At the end everything is depressing." It is not. Superman's speech to his son was full of hope and the tone of the movie after this changed, emphasized by the colors and the music.
IT IS DEPRESSING FOR ME BECAUSE THE REST OF THE MOVIE SUCKED! I don't know how effing clear I can make that. You want to tell me that I should find it uplifting and I don't agree. I don't see why that is so hard for you to understand.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 12-22-2013 at 02:31 AM.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote