View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 02:51 AM   #358
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I assure you do I believe what I believe.
Yet you asked me to see the movie again even when you don't think it's necessary to see a move even twice to give a full fleshed opinion.

Quote:
*shakes head* Again...you're comparing stuff that happened in MOS? I don't get the point of you repeatedly doing this. That is not the conversation here.
It was when we were comparing the Superman-Lois relationship in both SR and MOS a couple of pages ago and neither of us had a problem with it.

Quote:
Yes, that was in the film. Still, that didn't make the other 2.5 hours of it uplifting. I am glad that you found it uplifting though.
It's not a matter of liking it but being accurate to what happens in the movie.

Quote:
Again, I don't need to see it again to know I didn't like it. I guess you feel I should, but that is not necessary. Again, I ask what inaccurate things have I said? I don't like the film, but you keep telling me my reasons for disliking it are inaccurate...lol. I think you just don't like the fact I disliked it. It must hurt your feelings or something.
I feel people discussing a movie should do it accurately. If that takes re-watching the movie, then I'll feel it's necessary.

I don't question your reasons, but some of your recollections of the film (like what happens at the end of the movie). Or some of the general statements (depressing is bad for Superman in one movie but not the other).

Quote:
That's your contention, but we have no idea what sort of movie this will be. If it is...then it's still more then SR got. They didn't even trust that franchise with Batman, so what does that tell you?
The fact that they didn't add other superheroes to Batman Begins sequel tells me they trusted Batman was enough for a Batman franchise.

And sure, a sequel is more than no sequel. But a sequel where you're not the star but just one of the three main roles also tells me things about how successful the first movie was.

Quote:
Oh I'm sure...at least not this name.
Feel free to quote... I guess?

Quote:
IT IS DEPRESSING FOR ME BECAUSE THE REST OF THE MOVIE SUCKED! I don't know how effing clear I can make that. You want to tell me that I should find it uplifting and I don't agree. I don't see why that is so hard for you to understand.
Well, I wasn't questioning your liking of the movie, just what happened "at the end of the movie." I don't see why that is so hard for you to understand.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote