View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #118
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
So... no charm whatsoever, then? Couldn't agree less. Tony Stark is not the end-all be-all of charisma possibilities, there's a whole world in between, and I don't see why Superman has to be at the bottom of the spectrum... as if that were his only possibility. Yes, I'd LOVE some jokes, I'd LOVE some wit and I'd LOVE some semblance of an intelligent personality. Even troubled people have different sides to them other than a mopey face. When Alan Grant pulls that electrocution joke on the kids in Jurassic Park... that had a HUGE effect on me as a kid. That little moment of charisma alone was the main reason I wanted an action figure of the guy. I can only imagine the difference it would have on young kids to see Superman be the cool guy for a change... something he hasn't been on a broad scale since the Chris Reeve days, I'm sad to say. I probably can't count on Goyer for that, but I'm hoping Terrio can do something about it.
He wasn't a great Supes, but Dean Cain was absolutely phenomenal as Clark. If anyone wants a reference point for a more balanced and generally pleasant person to be around, his performance in that show is as good as it gets. There's no scene chewery with him. But he absolutely oozes charm and you just can't help but smile when he's on the screen. To this day it stands as a great modern take on the classic mild-mannered persona.

Cavill can easily get to that point. Now that we've dealt with his rough childhood and wandering adulthood, hopefully we'll see Clark grow and actually live out his life as a new person. He's got the looks, the smile, and the personality. That needs to be utilized.